Thursday, December 16, 2004

a good time for cd's

So it started with a splurge at BMG. I bought five cd's for $30, including shipping:

The Flaming Lips "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots"
Project 86 "Songs To Burn Your Bridges By"
K-Os "Exit"
Salif Keita "The Mansa Of Mali...A Retrospective"
Over The Rhine "Ohio"

I love BMG. The selection leaves much to be desired, but when you find some good stuff it's great. And I just love getting new music in the mail. I've only gotten the Project86 cd so far and I've been listening to it all week. It's solid. I wouldn't say it tops 'Drawing Black Lines', but it's a good cd. 'The Spy Hunter',
'The Great Golden Gate Disaster', and 'Solace' are my favorite tracks.

And then I find out this week that three of my favorite groups are all releasing cd's. Soul-Junk released 1937, a cd of remixes. They've posted a couple of the
tracks on their website. Galaxalag is hands down one of the best and most creative lyricists I've ever heard. Pure genius in my book.

Mars Ill sent out some bad news that Pro-Pain is getting pushed back again until next June or something because of our friends at Gotee. Wasn't too happy about that. But Mars Ill made me feel better by announcing that they're selling two cd's, 'Pirate Radio' and 'Sound Methods v.2.0' through Paypal.

And finally, speaking of labels slowing up the release of good music, we finally have a chance to buy LA Symphony's 'Call It What You Want'. This is the cd that was supposed to come out on Squint before Warner shut them down. I'm really happy for LAS that this is finally getting out. But if you want to buy it you better hurry up, because it's only available until the end of the year.

1 Comments:

At 12/25/2004 10:55 PM, Blogger gtdmouse said...

I don't know man. I've got Dichotomy A, but I'm not sure if I'm going to buy B. I'm going to have to listen to it first. Did you notice that DJ Form isn't with the group anymore. That's a big loss in my book. There was a time when every Grits cd was treading new ground. I'm not so sure that's the case now. We'll see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home